At Glass Openings, we aim to almost always use our own vehicles and drivers to ensure the high standards of delivery.
Delivery terms vary based on product. Please see below relevant section.
Bifolds, Doors & Windows
Standard delivery terms (Mainland Post Codes)
We at Glass Openings will carry out deliveries manufactured by us and will be free for orders that are over £1200.00. Any orders under £1200.00 will incur a delivery charge based on location.
Lead times stated at the time of ordering are not final. All delivery times are from the date we receive a finalised order, online or e-mail and when payment is made in full. Any modifications to the order will more than likely result in a delay to the delivery.
Please see below terms of delivery
- Delivery times are Monday to Friday 7:00am until finished, unless agreed otherwise in writing. You must allow proper access for a long wheel-based van.
- The unloading of the vehicle is the customer’s responsibility.
- Delivery is deemed to be at the roadside of the delivery address on the order confirmation, if changes to the address are made after the order confirmation it needs to be in writing and with enough notice before delivery.
- If there are any parking restrictions you must advise us prior to delivery.
- If a parking permit is required this must be available on the day of the delivery.
- Any meter or parking fees are to be paid by the customer.
- If there is no one at the delivery address, the delivery will be re-scheduled at the convenience of the company, and the customer will be subject to a new delivery charge. Please note where customer is eligible for free delivery will still incur a charge.
- All health and safety precautions and site risk assessments are the customer’s responsibility.
- At no time will the company be liable for loss or injury of any kind, due to delivery.
- All goods when received will be deemed delivered in good order unless stated at the time of delivery.
- No claims will be entertained after the day of delivery for damaged or missing articles.
- You must not arrange for the installation of the supplied product on the same or next day after delivery to allow for any shortages to be delivered. Any shortages will be delivered as soon as possible but with no specified time limit.
- The company is not responsible for any delay to the delivery or installation and any relating financial or consequential loss.
- At no time is the delivery time the essence of the contract and Glass Openings will not accept any claim in relation to a delayed delivery.
- All quoted delivery times are subject to specific products ordered and subject to change.
Non-standard delivery terms (PH, DD, AB, FK, KY and Isle of Wight)
All nonstandard deliveries will incur a surcharge for orders over £1200.00 of £100.00. Any orders below £1200.00 will be subject to a delivery fee based on location.
For Isle of Wight, deliveries under £1200.00 will incur a fee of £249.99, orders above £1200.00 will be subject to a surcharge of £100.00.
Roof Lanterns & Flat Roof Lights
The delivery of all roof lanterns and flat roof lights will be carried out directly by our manufacturers. Please see below terms of delivery;
- The company will notify the customer of the delivery date for the goods.
- All deliveries are deemed as roadside deliveries to the address provided at the time of order.
- The unloading of the vehicle is the customer’s responsibility.
- Delivery may be in more than one instalment. All roof lantern deliveries will be a two-part delivery, glass will be on one delivery and the profiles for the roof lantern will be on a separate delivery.
- Delivery will be on the delivery date notified to the Customer by the Company if possible but is not guaranteed. Time of delivery is not of the essence.
- The Company will deliver the Goods to the delivery address provided at the point of order.
- The Company will select the method of delivery with due regard to urgency and cost.
- Delivery shall in every case be dependent upon prompt receipt of all necessary information final instructions or approvals from the Customer.
- The Company will endeavor to comply with reasonable requests by the Customer for postponement of delivery but shall be under no obligation to do so. When delivery is postponed otherwise than due to default by the Company the Customer shall pay all costs and expenses incurred by the Company in connection with such postponement including (but not limited to) a charge of 15% of the total value of the Contract for transportation and/or storage or restocking occasioned thereby.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed any packaging supplied by the Company is intended to be only sufficient to protect the Goods for all normal conditions of transit and for the normal period of transit only.
- The Customer must ensure that the delivery location is safe and can accept delivery of the Goods and that the Customer made available sufficient and suitably skilled personnel and appropriate equipment to unload the Goods safely. The Company reserves the right to postpone delivery of any Goods if it considers that the Customer has failed to provide a safe delivery location and sufficient and suitable assistance to enable delivery to be completed. If the Company is unable to safely deliver the Goods, the Customer shall be responsible for the costs of re-delivery together with associated costs.
- The Company shall have no liability for any failure to deliver the Goods to the extent that such failure is caused by an event beyond the Company’s reasonable control or the Customer’s failure to provide the Company with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods.
All supplies that are ordered through the website will be sent out via Third Party Courier. All orders placed before 12pm on Monday – Friday will be sent out on the next working day. Any orders placed after 12pm Monday – Friday will be sent out the following working day.
Lead times vary product to product, you will find the live lead time on the product page. If the item requires configuration, once configured you will have the live lead time for the item you have specified. Lead times are always advertised in working days (Monday to Friday). Items delivered from directly from supplier cannot be delivered at the weekend. If your order contains items manufactured by us and items manufactured by other suppliers, the order will automatically be split and processed accordingly, therefore, please allow for multiple deliveries based on products chosen.